Once used predominantly as a blogging platform, WordPress is now one of the most popular website publishing and content management tools on the web. According to Tech Crunch, about 22 out of every 100 new active domains in the U.S. run WordPress. What’s more, one of the most popular publishers in the world uses WordPress.
Here are 7 things you should know about WordPress:
- Updating your site content is easier than ever before using WordPress. Using its dynamic page creation you can update your site easily without using a large amount of storage
- You can get a subdomain for free! If you register with WordPress to obtain a free site, it is simple to name your free subdomain like this: www.yourname.wordpress.org.
- If you have your own domain and hosting account, WordPress can be installed in minutes (WordPress calls it their ‘famous 5-minute install’). No coding skills needed.
- For individuals with their own domain and hosting account, WordPress has some minimum requirements. Essentially you need to make certain you have a complying version of PHP and MySQL on your server. The advantages of meeting minimum requirements are that you will receive accurate WordPress support should there be an issue.
- Themes are abundant! Before endeavoring to build your own theme, search to see what other themes have already been created and are available.
- WordPress has centralized management. Which makes managing your pages, posts, as well as your users easy with WordPress.
- WordPress is e-commerce friendly. You will find loads of plugins developed by users to allow you to advertise, review, and also sell products. This means you don’t need to find other payment systems or any other add-ons, they can be found easily within the WordPress community.