Provide clients with professional guidance and technical skills to allow them to leverage technology to improve their businesses profitability. This position is responsible for the planning, design, implementation and operation of network systems to further client’s business goals in a manner that meets or exceeds client expectations.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Design, implement and maintain operability of networking systems.
- Identify potential areas of improvement within the client’s business.
- Maintain and grow client relationships.
- Estimate and purchase equipment on client’s behalf.
- Tune systems and train client as necessary to achieve optimum operating performance.
- Troubleshoot technical hardware, software and user related issues.
- Follow-up on all Network Department services provided to clients.
- Attain monthly utilization targets and project goals.
- Submit all required forecast and associated reports accurately and timely.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of industry trends and technologies relating to communications and networking technologies.
- Keep clients informed of up-to-date technology.
- Locate new opportunities visiting existing clients and obtaining new clients.
- Maintain orderly, clean, and attractive working areas (both in office and at client locations).
- Present a professional, clean, well-groomed appearance.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Supervisory &/or Lead Responsibilities
- Manage client accounts and projects.
- Coordinate peer level and junior level assistance as needed.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and/or demonstrated capability through previous experience and education to perform job responsibilities.
- Five (5) years experience managing and maintaining IT systems.
- Two (2) years experience with Windows-based servers, and network systems.
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Communicate technical information to clients in clear and concise layman’s (non-technical) terms using both verbal and written formats.
- Communicate responsively with clients, vendors, and fellow staff members using both verbal and written formats.
- Ability to represent the company in a highly professional manner.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to new ideas from fellow employees, management and clients.
- Strong sense of ownership and willingness to take responsibility and accountability with all client interactions.
- Anticipate and identify client needs.
- Project management to identify required tasks, prioritize, execute appropriately and follow through to completion.
- Provide professional quality of work by completing all projects in a thorough, timely and accurate manner, producing a finished result that is functional, lasting and aesthetically pleasing.
- Ability to negotiate with vendors, clients and staff.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality.
- Ability to effectively manage time in a fast-paced, multi-tasking environment.
- Strong designing, estimating, planning and scheduling skills.
- Extensive experience with Microsoft technologies:
- Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8
- Server 2008, SBS 2008, 2012
- Exchange 2003, 2007, 2010
- Office 2007, 2010, 2013
- Terminal Server, Remote Desktop
- Managed anti-virus/anti-malware solutions experience.
- Competence in SMB size backup solutions, both on premise and cloud.
- Advanced knowledge of remote access, VPN, LAN and WAN topologies, Active Directory, DNS, file sharing, print sharing, Internet access, e-mail.
- Experience with SonicWALL, CISCO
- Conceptual knowledge of database design, Web development, and Internet technologies.
- Basic math skills.
CERTIFICATES AND LICENSES:
- Current and valid driver’s license.
- Microsoft certification (preferred).
- SonicWALL certification (preferred).
- CISCO certification (preferred).
- Sustain repetitive movement (motion) of wrists, hands and fingers.
- Lift and/or move up to 35 pounds on a frequent basis.
- Occasionally lift up to 115 pounds.
- Sit for extended periods of time.
- Talk as to express or exchange information and data by means of the spoken word.
- Hear detailed information through oral communication and to make discriminations in sound.
- Stoop and crawl in order to trouble shoot and install IT equipment.
- Specific vision abilities required including close vision and ability to differentiate colors (e.g. computer wires).
- Must have the ability to operate an automobile to call upon clients.
- High tech, professional office environment.
- Local car travel required.
- Present for core hours and responsive to occasional off hour client needs scheduled and unscheduled.
Interested candidates please complete a Job Application and submit along with a resume to email@example.com.